The University of Rhode Island is excited to invite you to the Virtual CELS Career Fair! Much has changed in the recent months, yet one thing remains the same- our commitment to connecting our students and alumni with employer partners in the field. We have made some changes to our event structure this year and we are excited to partner with Handshake to run career fairs in a virtual format for the fall 2020 semester.
Registration is now open for The URI Virtual CELS Career Fair in Handshake! We recognize that this will be a new endeavor for many of us, but we are confident that we will be able to provide you with the same connection opportunities and personalized service that we have in the past, along with offering some new ways to reach our students and grow your brand.
Upon registration, we’ll review your postings and ask some important questions about your recruitment needs. At our virtual fair, you’ll be able to engage with students in a variety of formats, including:
- Video, audio, and chat communication with students
- Group sessions with up to 50 students
- 1:1 meetings at 10 minute intervals
Please note that during registration, you’ll be asked to share the number of representatives who plan to attend the fair—up to 15 representatives per employer are able to participate in the fair. Each representative you register will be able to create their own unique schedule to engage with students. To learn more about these features check out this virtual fair training webinar recording from Handshake.
Tools that will be helpful in registering and creating your schedule:
- Virtual Fairs in Handshake: A Guide for Employers
- Creating a Schedule for Virtual Fairs Once employers have registered and are starting to schedule representatives to meet with students this resource can help them understand the scheduling aspects as well as how to ensure that all recruiters claim their schedules. Upon registration we will follow-up with another helpful guide to create your schedule…not to worry!
- Identifying and Registering for Virtual Fairs : specifically registration guidance
- Student registration cannot happen until your schedules are created. So it is VERY IMPORTANT that you create your schedule in advance of the fair so that students can sign-up to meet with you!
- It is possible to view student profiles when they sign up for a 1:1 or a group session, this is a great pre-screening tool.
- Reminder of technology needs, video capability, etc. See: Handshake video requirements and Troubleshooting for Employers.
We greatly value your continued partnership and look forward to connecting you with our students this fall! We are excited to usher in a new style of virtual fair and we are thankful that you’ll join us!
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns…we look forward to hearing back from you!
~Your team at the Center for Career and Experiential Education (CCEE)
Be sure to follow us on Facebook to stay current with our programming and content!
URI Virtual College of the Environmental & Life Sciences (CELS) Career Fair
Wed, Dec 2 12:00 pm EST – 3:00 pm EST