The Partnership for Resilient Communities (PRC) – Massachusetts
Join the Climate Leaders of Color Network to address and elevate resilience in your
Are you interested in being connected to community based organizations working on climate
resiliency across the country? Would your climate project benefit from tailored technical
assistance? If so, join the Institute for Sustainable Communities’ (ISC) Massachusetts based
Partnership for Resilient Communities cohort!
ISC is working with Barr Foundation to support Barr grantees in technical assistance and
capacity building efforts. Beginning in March 2023, for 14 months, up to eight Black and brown
led community organizations will receive quarterly technical assistance and be mentored by a
Partnership for Resilient Communities (PRC) national cohort organization. The PRC in
Massachusetts program will replicate the success of the PRC in transforming the climate
resiliency field to be more equity and community centered.The PRC in Massachusetts aims to
resource/ensure leaders of color and organizations within communities of color participate fully
in climate resilience planning and decision making processes. This program is rooted in equity
and the understanding that people closest to the impacts of climate change hold the knowledge
and expertise to drive equitable and sustainable solutions.
ISC is looking to work with up to eight grantee organizations in Massachusetts that have active
climate resilience projects/priorities within historic, urban communities of color that include but
not limited to:
● Developing a green/clean energy workforce;
● Building a solar community resilience hub;
● Energy Justice; and/or
● Advancing green infrastructure interventions.
As a PRC-Massachusetts partner, you will have access to:
● Quarterly technical assistance workshop series;
● National PRC capacity building and peer-learning offerings;
● Project design support;
● Technical resources and expertise relevant to projects;
● Individualized mentoring and peer learning with the national network of PRC partners;
● PRC annual Convenings.
Please ensure your capacity and availability aligns with the program participation expectations.
Kindly hold space for:
● Kick off meeting;
● Initial climate resilience technical needs assessment;
● Attending quarterly technical assistance sessions;
● Participating in quarterly check in meetings with ISC; and
● Attending an in-person gathering in Oct 2023.
Please complete the application by March 10, 2023.
ISC Point of Contact:
If you have any questions, please feel free to email Khilia Logan, Program Officer at