Thursday, October 16, 2014
12:00 – 1:15 PM EST
AICP Credit Pending
What happens if there is an extended power outage? How can you ensure that buildings have access to electricity? Are you interested in learning about flood-proofing strategies?
In this free webinar, Alex Wilson will provide context for why we need to be considering resilience in looking at the built environment during the coming decades. He will give an overview of practical measures that can be implemented today to create more resilient buildings and communities. These measures include:
- Improvements to the energy performance of building envelopes (ensuring that buildings will maintain habitable temperatures if they lose power)
- Flood-proofing strategies,
- Enhancing wind resistance,
- Providing access to water, and
- Providing access to some electricity in the event of an extended power outage.
This webinar kicks off the series, Weathering Change: Local Solutions for Strong Communities, presented by Antioch University New England, in partnership with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Region 1. For more information on this webinar series, visit our website: http://www.antiochne.edu/
Contact Christa Daniels, AICP for questions at [email protected].