Pioneering Ocean Energy Innovation in New England: Wind and Water
Offshore wind is one of today’s most promising interventions to make a significant difference in reducing carbon emissions. This conference will gather experts in offshore wind, wave and tidal energy from government, utility, and stakeholder engagement to discuss the state of play in the implementation of Marine Renewables and implications for the creation of a supply chain ecosystem to drive economic development here on the South Coast.
Agenda (10:00 AM – 5:30 PM)
- Keynote: How Marine Renewables can be a Game Changer by Philippe Frangules, VP Power, Gas, Coal and Renewables, IHS Markit
- Panel 1: How Government is Investing to Spur Innovation
- Panel 2: Current Experiences in and the Economics of “Putting Steel in the Water”
- Panel 3: Stakeholder Engagement Models for Implementation Success
- Panel 4: Entrepreneurship and Innovation in the Supply Chain
Who will be attending
- Representatives from state and federal government agencies
- Professionals from Offshore Wind, Tidal and Wave Energy
- Companies and researchers who have innovative solutions
- Companies that have an interest in the emerging supply chain
Conference Date & Time
Thursday May 23rd, 2019, 10:00 AM – 5:30 PM
UMass Dartmouth Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIE)
151 Martine Street, Fall River, MA 02723
(free parking is available in front of the building and right across the street)
Call for Technical Poster Abstracts
We are seeking poster abstracts pertaining to technical innovations for offshore wind, wave and tidal energy as well as posters about stakeholder engagement and policy advancements.
Submit poster abstract (300 word description with figures) no later than FRIDAY MAY 10, 2019to Conference Manager, Maggie Merrill at firstname.lastname@example.org.