Job Shadow Day 2013 will take place on Friday, February 1st.
When a company participates in Job Shadow Day, it is demonstrating a commitment to supporting and improving the community. Individual hosts benefit from the satisfaction that comes with mentoring a young person and introducing him or her to a new career.
On the day of the event, students visit the worksite and shadow professionals for 3 to 4 hours, observing and assisting them with their work. The PIC makes your participation easy.
- PIC career specialists work directly with students to prepare them for the experience through a series of career readiness workshops.
- When you sign up, the PIC will e-mail you a brief “host’s guide” that includes suggested activities to help structure the event.
- You simply provide a brief job description to help PIC staff match with student career interests.
On Job Shadow Day:
- Review all relevant health and safety issues, and provide all necessary safety gear.
- Give the student a brief tour of the workplace and introduce him/her to other employees. Explain how various departments work together and how each job contributes to the overall operations of the company
- Talk about how the work of your company affects the community. What products or services does it provide?
- Provide the student with an overview of your job and your career path.
To sign up now, click on the link:www.bostonpic.org/jobshadow