Jeanine Grachuk has been named the new Chair of the Environmental Business Council (EBC) Site Remediation and Redevelopment Committee. The mission of the committee is to facilitate discussion of remediation and redevelopment issues that are of importance to EBC members and their clients. Issues include but are not limited to legislative, regulatory and policy developments, innovative technologies, and business development opportunities at the federal, state, regional, and local level. These issues are addressed by providing objective information from up-to-date and reliable sources including government officials, technology developers, and business experts.
Jeanine Grachuk’s practice includes environmental compliance counseling, environmental permitting of energy and brownfields redevelopment projects, and advice on managing environmental risk in complex transactions such as through environmental risk insurance. Ms. Grachuk has experience with environmental issues arising within a variety of industrial sectors, including power generation, chemical production, and solid waste disposal.
Ms. Grachuk’s experience includes the following:
- Negotiation of policies of environmental insurance and environmental provisions of purchase and sale agreements in the context of the sale or purchase of commercial and industrial properties, primarily in Massachusetts;
- Negotiation of Covenants Not to Sue with the Attorney General of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in the context of acquisition of contaminated industrial properties in eastern Massachusetts;
- Performance of environmental due diligence reviews on various industrial and commercial properties, including power generation plants, chemical production facilities, and shopping centers;
- Counseling on liability issues and cleanup requirements associated with contaminated sites throughout Massachusetts, including negotiation of cost-sharing agreements, tolling agreements, and consultant services agreements;
- Negotiation of consent decree with the United States Department of Justice in relation to the liability of the Department of Defense for contamination of a site in eastern Massachusetts caused by munitions manufacturing operations;
- Counseling on compliance with new source performance standards at a Midwestern chemical production company; and Counseling on compliance with requirements of Clean Air Act Title V operating permits and National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System permits at industrial facilities. Ms. Grachuk has lectured on the Massachusetts cleanup law and environmental risk insurance.
Ms. Grachuk has lectured on the Massachusetts cleanup law and environmental risk insurance.
Prior to joining Beveridge & Diamond, P.C. in 2004, Ms. Grachuk was an associate in the environmental department of a major law firm in Boston, Massachusetts. Prior to that, Ms. Grachuk clerked at the Connecticut Supreme Court for former Chief Justice Ellen A. Peters.
Ms. Grachuk is admitted to the Massachusetts and District of Columbia bars. She received her J.D. (cum laude) from Harvard Law School in 1995, and her B.A. from Wesleyan University in Environmental Science and Science in Society in 1991.