Open Position: Communications & Marketing Coordinator
The Environmental Business Council of New England is searching for an energetic and proactive person to take on the role of Communications & Marketing Coordinator.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to work with a variety of organizations and businesses in the environmental and energy industries. We are seeking a professional, detail-oriented, and self-motivated individual to support the EBC’s Executive Director, Director of Operations, and Board of Directors. In this role the Coordinator will manage EBC’s email communications, social media presence, website, and contact databases. This position requires strong organizational skills, effective and professional communication, and the ability to respond quickly to our members’ needs. Candidates must have office experience – accounting experience a plus. He/she must also be willing to work necessary hours leading up to, during, and immediately following EBC programs and events. This includes early mornings and late evenings. Driver’s license required.
Salary range is $36,000 to $40,000 annually. Benefits package includes: SIMPLE IRA retirement savings plan with 3% employer match; health insurance (includes coverage for deductible payments); state and federal holidays; vacation – 10 days per year, accrue one day per year employed; leave (illness, bereavement, family / maternity, jury duty); long-term disability; auto mileage reimbursement for business travel if applicable; smart phone voice & data reimbursement (up to $50 per month); ZipCar membership and/or public transportation monthly pass.
EBC is an equal opportunity employer.
The Communications & Marketing Coordinator is responsible for:
Communications & Marketing
- Actively manage social media presence including Twitter and LinkedIn
- Keep the EBC website up-to-date (WordPress)
- Create marketing emails and manage targeted email campaigns
- Communicate with EBC members to answer questions
- Create marketing materials for EBC promotional purposes
- Respond to email and phone inquiries in a timely manner
- Attend EBC programs independently
- Prepare all program materials required
- Manage online registrations
- At programs, troubleshoot A/V issues and assist with set-up and break-down
- Follow-up with attendees post-program
- Maintain EBC’s committee meeting schedule and act as the point of contact for committee leadership
- Create reports using EBC program and membership data for use by staff and the Board of Directors
- Maintain accurate records in all EBC databases
- Willing and able to learn basic accounting
- Other non-profit management tasks as needed
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office – especially Outlook, Word, Excel
- Proven experience developing marketing materials
- Ability to self-direct and manage tasks efficiently
- Flexible and adaptable personality
- Personal interest in the environment/sustainability
- Willingness to contribute to in-office sustainability initiatives
- HTML proficiency a plus
Please email a resume and cover letter expressing your interest in this position to [email protected].