Environmental Careers: Discussion with Professionals in the Field
- Environmental Business Council of New England
- UMass Boston Office of Career Services and Internships,
- UMass Boston School for the Environment, and
- UMass Boston College of Science and Mathematics
April 21, 2021 from 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Free Virtual Event hosted on Zoom
Have you thought about a career in the environment? Join this virtual event to learn all about the diversity of opportunities in the environmental field. Panelists will tell-all – paths less traveled, bumps along the road, amazing career successes – and attendees will leave with a better understanding of the variety of career opportunities in the environmental sector.
Get your questions answered, network with the panelists, and start charting your path forward to a career in the environment!
12:00 p.m. Welcome & Introductions
12:15 p.m. How We Got Here – a panel of current environmental and energy professionals
- Kent Benjamin ’88 – Acting Director, OLEM Office of Communications, Partnerships and Analysis, U.S. EPA
- Erika Welch ’18, G’20 – Planning Assistant, Massachusetts Department of Conservation & Recreation
- Judith Underwood ’87 – CEO, Blue Institute Labs, PBC
- Vandana Rao, G’03 – Director of Water Policy, Massachusetts Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs
- Arthur Mabbett ’69 – CEO, Mabbett & Associates, Inc.
1:00 p.m. Breakout Rooms
1:30 p.m. Adjourn