- This event has passed.
Seventh Annual EBC Construction and Demolition Materials Regional Summit
January 31, 2013 @ 8:30 am - 1:30 pm
Mark your calendars for January 31 to attend the EBC’s Seventh Annual Construction and Demolition Materials Regional Summit. To be held again at the Framingham Sheraton, the Regional C&D Materials Summit has consistently drawn standing room only crowds of C&D processors, equipment manufacturers, environmental engineers, consultants and state regulators. The keynote speaker this year is Ken Kimmell, Commissioner of the MassDEP, who will cover the state’s proposal to partially lift the moratorium on new innovative waste to energy facilities such as pyrolysis and gasification. In the balance of the half day session, panels will provide national and regional perspectives on efforts to cleanly and safely recover energy from C&D including Jason Haus, on the Executive Board of the Construction Materials Recycling Association, Ben Harvey, President of the National Solid Waste Management Association, and James Taylor, developer of the proposed Taylor Recycling C&D gasification facility in New York State. The panels will include invited representatives from other innovative C&D and MSW to energy projects such as Plainfield Renewable Energy in Connecticut and the Plymouth County Sherriff’s office MSW gasification project. David Murphy of Tighe & Bond will lead a second panel on disaster debris management and dealing with state and federal disaster and emergency management agencies in the wake of Hurricanes Sandy and Irene.
- Air & Waste Management Association – New England Section
- Construction Materials Recycling Association
- Solid Waste Association of North America – Southern New England Chapter
Thomas A. Mackie
Managing Shareholder, Mackie Shea O’Brien, P.C.
Commissioner, Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
Speakers & Panelists
- Michael Cheney, Director of Special Projects, Plymouth County Sheriff’s Department
- Christopher M. Cignoli, P.E., Chief Engineer, City of Springfield
- Greg Cooper, Deputy Director – Consumer Programs, MassDEP
- Stuart Haber, CEO, MSW Power
- Ben Harvey, Executive Vice President, E. L. Harvey & Sons; President of the NSWMA
- Jason Haus, CEO, Dem-Con; Executive Board Member of CMRA
- Scott McLeod, MEMA
- David Murphy, Vice President, Tighe & Bond
- Jim Taylor, President and CEO, Taylor Biomass
- Mike Witzing, President, Plainfield Renewable Energy
Registration and Continental Breakfast: 7:30 a.m.
Program: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
EBC Members: $120*
Government / Non-profit: $50
*Registrations after January 29th, add $20.
Cancellations must be received by 5pm on January 29th to receive a refund. No-shows will be charged.
Check out the EBC’s great sponsorship opportunities!
Subsidized Rates: Subsidized registrations are not accepted at the door.
Only 5 registrations available at each rate.
Job Seeker Rate: $25
For attendees who are currently unemployed, NOT self-employed.
Young Environmental Professional Rate: $25
For EBC Members only. Attendees who have worked in their field for less than 5 years.