- This event has passed.
RISEP and EBC Rhode Island Chapter Technical Luncheon – Recent Changes to the RIPDES Permitting Program
October 20, 2015 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The Rhode Island Society of Environmental Professionals (RISEP) and the EBC Rhode Island Chapter are holding a technical luncheon on Tuesday, October 20 at the Rhode Island Foundation in Providence. The Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management (RIDEM) will discuss recent changes to the Department’s Rhode Island Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (RIPDES) stormwater permitting program, including:
- Land development at Brownfields Sites;
- Clear, Consistent, & Predictable Rules – Unifying State and Local Soil Erosion and Sediment Control Standards for Better Outcomes; and
- Soil Erosion and Sediment Control Plan Performance Criteria
Presenters from RIDEM will include:
- Alisa Richardson, P.E., Supervisor
- Alisa has worked at RIDEM for 23 years and USGS for 3 years. She is the supervisor of the newly consolidated construction stormwater engineering review team.
- Eric Beck, P.E., Supervisor
- Eric has been supervising the State’s RIPDES Program for the past fifteen years. He has been responsible for development and implementation of the RIPDES General Permit for Construction Stormwater, the Multi-Sector General Permit for Industrial Stormwater and the Small MS4 general permit.
- Brian Lafaille, P.E., Senior Sanitary Engineer
- Brian has worked at the RIDEM for 12 years and 3 years for Envirogen, Inc. in the private sector. Recently Brian led the effort to revise the 2013 RIPDES Construction General Permit.
Please join us for this interesting program and a delicious catered lunch. Further details of the event, including registration, will follow. RISEP welcomes you to sponsor this program. Please contact Dan Lanier or Rick Carlone about sponsoring the event at the Gold, Silver or Bronze level.
Registration Deadline – October 16, 2015 – Space is limited.
Free parking will be provided at the Union Station garage, located at 5 Memorial Blvd.