- This event has passed.
MassDEP & MassDOER Workshop: Renewable Energy at Closed Landfills
June 17, 2009 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection and the Department of Energy Resources, with support from the Massachusetts Renewable Energy Trust and the Environmental Business Council of New England, are presenting a workshop for municipal officials, solid waste consultants and renewable energy project developers on the unique issues that arise when a solar or wind installation is proposed for the site of a closed landfill. Presentations will address siting considerations, potential impacts on landfill caps, and economic incentives currently available to minimize installation costs. The program will showcase two case studies of renewable installation on closed municipal landfills: a 1.8 megawatt wind turbine in Hull, Massachusetts, and a 500 kilowatt solar array at the Pennsauken Landfill Renewable Energy Park in New Jersey.
- Laurie Burt, Commissioner MassDEP
- Marc Fournier, MassDEP
- Stephen Wright, SEA Consultants,Inc,
- Mark Messics, PPL Renewable Energy
- Patrick Quinlan, UMass CEERE
- Gary Garfield, URS Corp.
- Mark Dakers, MassDEP/SERO Solid Waste
- Natalie Howlett, DOER Renewable Energy Project Coordinator
- Meg Lusardi, DOER Green Communities Division Deputy Director
- Jon Abe, Nexamp, Inc.
- Jim Christo, MRET
- Dave Larson, National Grid