- This event has passed.
First Annual Low Impact Development Conference and Vendor Fair for the Real Estate Development Industry
April 5, 2007 @ 7:30 am - 4:00 pm EDT
“Ever wish you could simultaneously lower your site infrastructure costs, protect the environment, and increase your project?s marketability? With LID, you can. LID is an ecologically friendly approach to site development and stormwater management that aims to mitigate development impacts to land, water, and air. The approach emphasizes the integration of site design and planning techniques that conserve the natural systems and hydrologic functions of a site.”–From the NAHB RC “Builder’s Guide to LID” (PDF)
Conference topics include:
- What Developers Need to Know about LID – Benefits and Available Assistance
- LID Site Design, Stormwater Management, and Model Bylaw
- Using LID to Meet Phase II Requirements
- Green Buildings Guidelines and Energy Star/LEED
- The Cost of Conventional Development vs. LID
- Navigating Local Waters – Bringing Communities on Board
- LID project case studies presented by developers and their design engineers
Detailed Conference Agenda (PDF)
The conference is sponsored by the
- Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs
- Environmental Business Council
- Home Builders Association of Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Office of Coastal Zone Management
- National Association of Home Builders Research Center
- Boston Society of Architects/AIA
- The Green Roundtable/NeXus
- Boston Society of Landscape Architects
The conference will be attended by developers, architects, landscape architects, consultants, realtors, local officials, local and state agency representatives, and non-profit organization personnel.
“Did you know that by reducing impervious surfaces, disconnecting runoff pathways, and using in-site infiltration techniques, you can reduce or eliminate the need for costly stormwater ponds?”–From the NAHB RC “Builder’s Guide to LID” (PDF)
Disclaimer: Although EPA is a co-sponsor of this event, EPA is not asking for funds, nor endorsing any fundraising, in connection with this event.
Vendor Fair: This conference will also feature a Vendor Fair which will feature innovative companies that have developed and or designed:
- Effective LID technical guidance, cost analysis and outreach products
- Integrated and cost-effective LID technologies
- Residential, municipal, or commercial projects that incorporate LID site design, storm water management, and water conservation.
Date: Thursday, April 5, 2007
Registration and Continental Breakfast: 7:30 a.m.
Program: 8:30 a.m.