Diversity in both scale and technology is helping to build the energy development market sector both throughout the country and right here in Rhode Island. This year’s EBC Rhode Island Chapter Energy Program brings together several energy project developers along with key regulatory and economic specialists for a broad discussion of where the energy action is in Rhode Island for 2011 and beyond. Come learn about current regulatory initiatives that are expected to broaden the development opportunities as well as guidance on funding assistance and the economic climate for both large and small energy projects.
8:00 a.m. Welcome Craig Swanson, Chair EBC Rhode Island Chapter
Principal, Applied Science Associates
Introduction – Christopher Rein, Program Chair and Moderator
Senior Vice President, ESS Group
8:10 a.m. Current Developments in RI Energy Regulation
- Chris Kearns, Alteris Renewables
8:40 a.m. Making the Case to the Community
- Mark Litos, Litos Strategic Communications
9:10 a.m. Economic Incentives – RI Renewable Energy Program
- Julian Dash, RI Renewable Energy Fund
9:30 a.m. Networking Break
10:00 a.m. Panel Presentations of issues confronting energy development in Rhode Island.
This panel will discuss issues ranging from the business climate for energy development, financial and regulatory hurdles, land use and zoning challenges, community and public acceptance of energy developments and other practical experience from project development activities in Rhode Island.
Moderator: Chris Rein – ESS Group, Inc.
- Larry Dressler – Tomorrow BioFuels
- Mark DePasquale – Wind Energy Development
- Andy Shapiro – Apex Wind Energy
- Karina Lutz – People’s Power & Light
- Richard Sherman – Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge LLP
- Julian Dash – Renewable Energy Funt, RI EDC
11:30 a.m. Adjourn