- This event has passed.
EBC Wind Energy Program: Wind Energy and Municipal Budgets-New Financial Opportunities in Tough Fiscal Times
February 7, 2011 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
Massachusetts municipalities are seeing deeper cuts in local aid each year. Wind energy projects are offering new financial opportunities through tax revenue and avoided electricity costs without any demand for new public services. This breakfast will begin with a report from Steven Clarke, recently appointed Assistant Secretary for Renewable Energy, on prospects for wind energy in Massachusetts in the coming year. The presentation by Assistant Secretary Clarke will be followed by presentations on taxation of wind energy projects, the new net metering law passed in emergency session last fall, and other issues communities are considering when evaluating the costs and benefits of wind energy.
Program chair: Stephen Barrett, Harris Miller Miller & Hanson Inc.
- Steven Clarke, Massachusetts EEA
- Jon Klavens, Klavens Law Group
- Gregg Cademartori, City of Gloucester
- Richard Kleiman, Early Bird Power LLC
- Mary Beth Gentleman, Foley Hoag
- George Lagassa, Mainstream Appraisals
- Mary O’Donnell, Developer of Kingston (MA) Wind Energy Project
- Susan St. Pierre, City of Gloucester