This EBC Water Resources webinar uses the backdrop of the Mystic River Watershed as a canvas to explore critical issues in surface water quality and stormwater management. The program will focus on deliberate planning efforts that were developed from close data analysis to drive infrastructure improvements that reduce flooding impacts and improve climate resiliency. We will look at the recent decision to craft an Alternative TMDL for the watershed, analyze in-land and coastal dimensions of watershed management issues, and assess regional strategies for mitigating stormwater impacts.
A robust panel discussion with the audience will conclude the webinar.
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (2.5 training contact hours). Certificates are automatically provided via email link for registered attendees at the conclusion of the webinar.
- Peter Durning, Managing Shareholder, Mackie Shea Durning, PC
- Caroline Hampton, Water Resources Department Manager, VHB
- Blake Martin, Vice President, Water Resources, Weston & Sampson
The Mystic River Watershed – A Living Laboratory for Climate Resilience
- Patrick Herron, Ph.D., Executive Director, Mystic River Watershed Association
Following the Data – Assessing Inland and Coastal Flooding Events to Find Common Ground for Infrastructure Improvements
- Indrani Ghosh, PhD, Resiliency Technical Leader, Weston & Sampson
The View from the Frontlines – How Cambridge is Tackling Infrastructure Challenges
- Catherine Daly Woodbury, Senior Project Manager, Department of Public Works, City of Cambridge, MA
An Introduction to Understanding Nutrient Management Needs in the Mystic River Watershed
- Mark Voorhees, Environmental Engineer, Environmental Protection Agency, Region 1
The available PowerPoint presentations from the EBC Water Resources Webinar: Into the Mystic – Data Driven Response to Regional Stormwater Management Challenges completed on April 7, 2021, can be viewed below.
All registered attendees receive the link to the webinar recording five business days after the conclusion of the webinar. If you are a registered attendee and did not receive the webinar recording, please contact the EBC office.
The webinar recording is available to EBC Members via the Info Hub. If you are an employee of an EBC Member Company and cannot access the Info Hub, please contact the EBC Office.
Non-Members are welcome to register and pay the Non-Member registration rate to receive access to the webinar recording.