CANCELLED: EBC Water Resources Program: Challenges Facing our Water Resources under a Changing Climate
Following the declaration of a state of emergency in several New England states, EBC will follow the guidance of state and federal leadership and, where possible, limit or eliminate in-person programming through May 15, 2020. If you have already registered for an event, EBC staff will contact you directly.
This program has been cancelled. Contact EBC staff for more information.
This EBC Water Resources program will explore how our drinking water and coastal water resources are being affected by climate change and some of the adaptation and resiliency measures local states and municipalities are doing to combat these challenges. We will also discuss the challenges associated with managing stormwater and wastewater under a changing climate and the unique measures being undertaken by local utilities to protect our current civil infrastructure and future planned investments.
This program will touch on the following topics:
- Drinking Water Resources – drought and extreme event impacts on drinking water resources, the challenges of ensuring communities have adequate access to drinking water
- Coastal Water Resources – rising tides and storm surge and the issues with losing our critical green infrastructure (e.g., marshes, beaches) and the protection it provides to inland communities
- Wastewater – how to protect critical wastewater infrastructure from coastal and riverine flooding
- Stormwater – how to get the water out (and keep our feet dry) under increasingly challenging storm event conditions and rising tides
Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- Andrea Braga, PE, CPESC, Principal Water Resources Engineer, Jacobs
- Michael Scipione, President, Weston & Sampson
Speaker agenda to be announced shortly.
Registration, Continental Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Program: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Location: Google Map Location
|If registration occurs ——–>||Through March 20||Through March 20||After April 1|
For EBC Members only – register five attendees for the price of four!
Discount will automatically be applied during online registration.
Cancellations must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 1 for a refund. No-shows will be charged. Please keep in mind that online registration for this program will close at 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 2. Walk-in registration is accepted at the door.
EBC Members Only – Ascending Professional Rate: $25
Attendees who have worked in the environmental/energy sector for less than 10 years.
Job Seeker Rate: $25
For attendees currently seeking employment, not for those currently self-employed.