- This event has passed.
EBC Water Resource Management Program: Massachusetts Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System Permits
September 19, 2014 @ 7:30 am - 12:00 pm
The new Massachusetts Draft MS4 permit is likely to significantly change stormwater management and controls in Massachusetts. This EBC Water Resources Management program will provide attendees with an update on the status of the Massachusetts Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permit from the USEPA Region 1, the State of Massachusetts and from the municipal perspective. Regional stormwater initiatives in Massachusetts will be presented for discussion. The regional collaborative approach is a new and exciting way that communities can cost-effectively address the many new stormwater mandates. This EBC program will provide the opportunity to hear from the original permit writers and regulatory officials on the proposed new requirements as well as from the municipalities that must find creative approaches to complete and fund stormwater management in Massachusetts.
Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hour). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- Steve Roy, Director of Water Resources, ESS Group, Inc.
- Frederick Civian, Stormwater Coordinator, MassDEP
- Ian Cooke, Executive Director, Neponset River Watershed Association
- Joseph Cosgrove, Environmental Program Manager, Merrimack Valley Regional Planning Commission
- Thelma Murphy, U.S. EPA – Region 1
- Robert M. Roseen, Ph.D., P.E., D.WRE., Associate, Geosyntec Consultants, Inc.
- John Woodsmall, P.E., Director of Public Works, Town of Holden, MA
Visit the Presentations section of the EBC website to view the available presentations from this program.