Thank you to our Platinum Sponsor:
The Summit is also sponsored by:
The management of construction and demolition (C&D) materials in New England continues to evolve. The success of construction and demolition materials recycling is driven by regional, national and international markets and generator stewardship. The New England region was the first in the nation to develop a robust construction and demolition materials recycling infrastructure.
C&D recycling continues to lead all other forms of recycling as measured by the MassDEP. And while the industry remains robust, the C&D processing industry continues to face serious challenges marketing recovered materials such as wood; asphalt, brick and concrete; and C&D fines. Regulatory hurdles present issues of their own.
Year after year, the EBC’s C&D Summit has been the only forum that deeply explores the state of the industry and sets the agenda for progress in market development. This Tenth Annual EBC Regional Construction and Demolition Materials Recycling Summit will update attendees on the state of the industry regionally and nationally. The Summit will press forward with data and proposals for improving the management of C&D materials in the Commonwealth and New England.
Plan now to attend and participate in this year’s valuable and informative EBC C&D Summit.
Who should attend: Construction Contractors, Demolition Contractors, Architects, Public and Private Project Owners, Solid Waste Processors, Haulers and Recyclers, Municipal Officials View the Attendee List
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- Ben Harvey, President, E. L. Harvey & Sons, Inc.
- Tony Wespiser, P.E., Managing Engineer, Brown and Caldwell
Speakers and Moderators
- Bob Cleaves, President & CEO, Biomass Power Association
- Dan Costello, President, Costello Dismantling
- Michael Elliott, Asbestos/C&D Program Coordinator, MassDEP
- Rich Geisser, Regional Manager, ReEnergy Recycling Operations
- John Horak, General Manager, E. L. Harvey & Sons, Inc.
- Amanda Kaminsky, Senior Sustainability Manager, The Durst Organization
- Scott K. Lemay, CEO, United Waste Management
- Lorenzo Macaluso, MPH, Director, Green Business Services, Center for EcoTechnology
- Thomas A. Mackie, Managing Shareholder, Mackie Shea PC
- Kurt Macnamara, Principal and Founder, Devens Recycling Center LLC
- Gary Moran, Deputy Commissioner, Operations & Environmental Compliance, Department of Environmental Protection, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- David Murphy, Vice President, Tighe & Bond
- Bill Turley, Executive Director, Construction & Demolition Recycling Association
- Terry Weaver, President, USA Gypsum
The available presentations from the EBC Tenth Annual Construction & Demolition Materials Management Summit, completed on January 28, 2016, can be viewed below. Presentations are not available for download.