Join EBC’s Annual “Talking Trash” Conference in Southern New England to hear from industry stakeholders from across the region. According to the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection’s recently commissioned waste and recycling capacity study, by the year 2027, in-state landfill capacity will effectively be eliminated in Massachusetts. For this Seventh Annual Conference the discussion will focus on how the industry can be prepared to meet the challenge of declining landfill capacity and the implications for residents and businesses.
Industry speakers will also discuss new facility development, waste reduction programs, challenges facing recycling, and waste exportation.
The Conference will conclude with a robust panel discussion providing ample opportunity for questions and discussion among the presenters and conference attendees.
Attend this annual “Talking Trash” Conference and gain insight into the future of the waste management industry in Southern New England.
Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
Thank you to our PLATINUM Sponsors
Thank you to our Gold Sponsors
Thank you to our Silver Sponsors
Thank you to our Bronze Sponsors
In Partnership With
- David Murphy, P.E., Chair, EBC Solid Waste Management Committee; Vice President, Tighe & Bond
Status of MIRA’s Hartford Waste-to-Energy Project
- Peter Egan, Director of Operations & Environmental Affairs, Materials Innovation & Recycling Authority, State of Connecticut
Updates from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- John Fischer, Branch Chief, Commercial Waste Reduction and Waste Planning, Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
Market Trends and the Benefits of Waste to Energy
- James Belden, Area Asset Manager, Covanta
Solid Waste Management in South Central New England; A Looming Crisis?
- Steve Poggi, Area Director, Disposal Operations, Waste Management
Challenges Facing Recycling
- Chris Lucarelle, Recycling Director, Waste Management
Update on WTE and Rail Haul
- John Farese, Marketing Manager for MA & NH, Wheelabrator
Additional speakers to be announced shortly.
Panel Moderator: Thomas Mackie, Shareholder, Mackie, Shea Durning, P.C.
- James Belden, Covanta
- Ken Connolly, Commonwealth Waste Transportation, LLC
- John Farese, Wheelabrator
- Toni King, Casella
- Steve Poggi, Waste Management
Registration, Continental Breakfast: 7:15 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Program: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Location: Google Map Location
|If registration occurs ——–>||Through February 26||After February 26|
For EBC Members only – register five attendees for the price of four!
Discount will automatically be applied during online registration.
Cancellations must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 26 for a refund. No-shows will be charged. Please keep in mind that online registration for this program will close at 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 3. Walk-in registration is accepted at the door.
EBC Members Only – Ascending Professional Rate: $25
Attendees who have worked in the environmental/energy sector for less than 10 years.
Job Seeker Rate: $25
For attendees currently seeking employment, not for those currently self-employed.