View the Attendee List
More so than in any other part of the country, managing solid waste in New England is evolving into a rapidly growing crisis due to several issues including:
- Diminishing disposal capacity
- Closing facilities
- Extreme difficulties in siting new facilities
- Growing public demand towards zero waste
- Combined with a lag in new feasible technology.
This EBC New Hampshire Chapter, SWANA, and NRRA Solid Waste program will include presentations on the future issues of solid waste throughout New England and the critical issues facing the industry. First, the State Solid Waste Directors from five of the six New England states will give their perspective on the five most critical solid waste management issues facing their individual state. Following these presentations, the directors will participate on a panel and discuss the future of solid waste management in New England.
Program attendees will have an opportunity to actively participate and explore with the state directors the different regulatory and management approaches between the states and explore opportunities for regional collaboration. With participation from both the state solid waste directors and the major waste management players, this will be a lively and interactive EBC program that will facilitate a constructive dialogue around regional issues and provide a serious opportunity to move the industry forward.
Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
For SWANA Certified Professionals – CEUs are available. Fax (301.585.0297) or email ([email protected]) this completed form to: Certification Program Manager. If you have any questions, please call 1-800 GO SWANA or email [email protected]
Environmental Business Council of New England
SWANA – Northern New England Chapter
SWANA – Southern New England Chapter
Northeast Resource Recovery Association
National Waste & Recycling Organization
- David A. Murphy, Vice President, Tighe & Bond
- Yvonne Bolton, Chief, Bureau of Materials Management and Compliance Assurance, Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, State of Connecticut
- Greg Cooper, Director of Business Compliance, Bureau of Air and Waste, Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
- Mike Durfor Executive Director, Northeast Resource Recovery Association
- Melanie Loyzim, Director of Waste Management, Maine Department of Environmental Protection
- Kevin Roche, Chair, SWANA – Northern New England Chapter and General Manager, ecomaine
- Charles (Chuck) Schwer, Director, Waste Management and Prevention Division, Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation
- Michael Wimsatt, Director, Waste Management Division, New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services