EBC / SWANA / NRRA Program: “Talking Trash” – Fourth Annual Conference on Solid Waste Management in Northern New England
Thank you to our Silver Sponsors
Thank you to our Bronze Sponsor
Managing solid waste in New England continues to evolve into a rapidly growing challenge due to several issues including:
- Diminishing disposal capacity
- Closing facilities
- Extreme difficulties in siting new facilities
- Growing public demand toward zero waste
- Combined with a lag in new feasible technology
- Growing pressure to increase recycling, including food waste recovery
This EBC– SWANA – NRRA Solid Waste program will focus on the evolving state of solid waste management in Northern New England. Speakers will give their perspectives on what the next 5 years will look like in the Solid Waste Industry. Issues to be discussed include existing and planned solid waste capacities, new and developing initiatives, market prices and trends. The program will pull together all the major waste management players in northern New England and will draw on expertise from SWANA, NRRA and EBC. Don’t miss this must attend program.
A light breakfast and lunch are included in the registration.
Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
For SWANA Certified Professionals – CEUs are available. Contact the EBC for the application form. If you have any questions, please call 1-800 GO SWANA or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Murphy, Vice President, Tighe & Bond
- Mike Durfor, Executive Director, Northeast Resource Recovery Association
- Kevin Roche, General Manager, ecomaine; President, SWANA Northern New England Chapter
Case Study of the CORe Food Waste Facility in Charlestown, MA
- Bob Magnusson, Senior District Manager, Waste Management, Inc.
Report from Industry Leaders
- Tony Belanger, Director of Major & Municipal Accounts, Pinard Waste Systems, Inc.
- Michael Casella, General Manager, Northern VT Operations, Casella Waste Systems
- John Farese, Marketing Manager, Wheelabrator Technologies, Inc.
- Steve Poggi, Area Director of Disposal Operations, New England – New York Market Area, Waste Management, Inc.
- Mark Van Weelden, Business Manager, Covanta Haverhill
Presentations are posted to the Presentations section of the EBC website. Presentations are not available for download.