Thank you to our Silver Sponsors:
View the Attendee List
This EBC Solid Waste Management program will discuss the challenges facing anaerobic digester developers in Massachusetts. Conventional wisdom led many to believe that the organics food waste ban would result in a burgeoning opportunity for anaerobic digesters to thrive throughout the Commonwealth. While several new facilities are in the conceptual stage of development, the growth of the industry has been slower than many people expected.This technical session will include presentations regarding (1) History and regulatory review of anaerobic digester projects, (2) Marketplace/demand for organics waste management, (3) Air quality and electrical interconnection hurdles, and (4) Market for purchase of renewable energy. Following the presentations, there will be a panel discussion including industry and regulatory representatives.
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (2.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- David Adams, P.E., Senior Vice President/Principal, Sanborn, Head & Associates, Inc.
- Sultana Haque, P.E., Natural Resources Project Manager, HDR Engineering, Inc.
- Tony Barbagallo, P.E., Director of Business Development, Casella Organics
- James Doucett, Director, Clean Energy Results Program, MassDEP
- Brandon Moffatt, Senior Vice President of Energy, Harvest Power
- Nancy L. Seidman, Assistant Commissioner, Bureau of Air and Waste, MassDEP
- Thomas Yeransian, Principal, CommonWealth Resource Management Corporation
Final Agenda – Solid Waste Program Where are all the Anaerobic Digesters