Thank you to our Sponsors:
View the Attendee List
The recycling market is seeing considerable attention these days. Regulatory pressures to increase recycling percentages, resources are getting scarce, and prices for processed materials are falling. Is curbside single stream collection the answer? Is source separation even relevant today given technological advancements in mechanical separation? How are small communities managing their programs? How are the private firms responding? Join us at this EBC Solid Waste Program where we will review the current state of the recycle market and explore the effect single stream is having on the public and private sector. Different perspectives from the State, Private Sector, and the Public Sector will be provided.
This program will also include a panel discussing curbside collection procurement, recycling markets, what is influencing the recycling markets and what, if any, is the impact of single stream recycling.
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (2.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- Christopher M. Koehler, P.E., BCEE, Solid Waste Section Manager, HDR Engineering, Inc.
- Michael J. Scipione, President & CEO, Weston & Sampson
Speakers & Panelists
- Molly Ettenborough, Recycling and Energy Manager, City of Newburyport MA
- Ben Harvey, Executive Vice President, E. L. Harvey & Sons, Inc.
- Thomas A. Mackie, Managing Shareholder, Mackie Shea P.C.
- Dawn R. Quirk, Waste Ban Inspector, Commercial Waste Reduction and Waste Planning, MassDEP
- Archie St. Hilaire, Director of Municipal Sales, Casella Waste Systems
Final Agenda – Solid Waste Management Program – What is Happening in the Recycling Market