View the Attendee List
This EBC Solid Waste Management program will inform you about the transitioning field of landfill gas management and how changes in waste management policies, including organics bans, have resulted in new opportunities for energy production at landfills. Even with reduced organic content in waste placed in landfills, increased energy demand and more stringent environmental regulations are driving technology changes to improve gas collection and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
This half-day session will include presentations regarding (1) Proposed changes to USEPA’s New Source Performance Standards for Municipal Solid Waste Landfills, (2) Innovative technologies for improving landfill gas collection using automated wellheads and real-time data analysis, (3) Support for co-locating anaerobic digesters at existing solid waste landfills to extend the life of landfill gas-to-energy (LFGTE) projects and to promote anaerobic digestion as a waste management strategy, and (4) Industry perspective on the future of LFGTE projects and what the industry is doing to protect returns on investments for engine-generators and landfill gas collection system infrastructure.
Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- David Adams, P.E., Senior Vice President, Sanborn Head
- Patrick Bird, Air Program, U.S. EPA, Region 1
- Andy Campanella, CEO, Loci Controls
- Phil Goddard, Manager Facility Compliance & Technology Development, Town of Bourne
- Chris Field, Regional Vice President, Harvest Power
- David Pierotti, Government Affairs Specialist, Harvest Power
- Samuel Nicolai, Director of Engineering, Casella Waste Systems
- Steve Poggi, Area Director of Disposal Operations, Waste Management
- Thomas Yeransian, Principal, CRMC