- This event has passed.
EBC Solid Waste Energy Seminar – Part 3 – Energy from Waste’s Role in the Management of Solid Waste
July 21, 2010 @ 7:30 am - 12:00 pm
On July 1, 2010 the Mass DEP issued the Draft Massachusetts 2010-2020 Solid Waste Master Plan: A Pathway to Zero Waste. According to this draft plan, approximately fifty percent of the Commonwealth’s municipal solid waste (MSW) is processed through energy from waste facilities. This EBC program is the last in a three part series that has focused on the issues surrounding the draft plan’s proposal maintain the existing moratorium and look in greater detail at energy from waste options.
This third EBC program will explore the impacts of energy from waste on air quality, public health, recycling and the renewable energy portfolio.
8:00 a.m. Welcome Daniel K. Moon, President EBC
Overview of Program Series – Tom Mackie, Mackie Shea O’Brien, PC
8:10 a.m. Massachusetts Solid Waste Master Plan
- James Colman, Assistant Commissioner, Massachusetts DEP
- John Fischer, John Fischer, Branch Chief, Waste & Toxics Planning, Mass DEP
8:30 a.m. Air Quality/Public Health Impacts
- Dale Raczynski, Epsilon Associates
- Laura Green, Cambridge Environmental
- Jo Anne Shatkin, CLF Ventures
10:00 a.m. Networking Break
10:30 a.m. Recycling and Renewable Energy Portfolio Impacts
- Claire Sullivan, South Shore Recycling Cooperative
- John Fischer, Massachusetts DEP
- Mike Van Brunt, Manager Sustainability, Covanta Energy
- Howard Bernstein, Mass DOER
11:30 a.m. Discussion
12:00 p.m. Adjourn