EBC Site Remediation & Redevelopment Program: Vapor Intrusion – Recent Updates in New England and Elsewhere
There have been numerous developments in the field of vapor intrusion (VI) over the past year. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is about to release its final VI guidance. Several states, including New Hampshire and Vermont, have published new VI guidance or updated existing guidance. Massachusetts has proposed important regulatory changes addressing assessment, cleanup and closure of VI sites. There has also been substantial activity related to the evaluation of health risks posed by trichloroethylene (TCE) and tetrachloroethylene (PCE) at VI sites with several U.S. EPA regions and states proposing stringent short-term exposure limits for TCE while relaxing VI screening levels for PCE. This EBC program reviews technical and regulatory challenges when assessing the VI pathway and presents an overview of recent guidance developments at the state and federal level.
Laurent Levy, Ph.D., P.E.
Senior Project Manager, Gradient
- Ileen Gladstone, Vice President, GEI Consultants
- Gerard Martin, Chief, Compliance, Law Enforcement and Brownfields Redevelopment Section, Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
- Robin Mongeon, P.E., Project Manager, New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services
- Marilyn Newman, Attorney, Mintz Levin
- Richard Rago, Lead Scientist, Haley & Aldrich
The electricity for this EBC event has been matched with 100% local wind power through New England Wind, a program of Mass Energy Consumers Alliance. You can green your electricity too! Visit www.massenergy.org.