- This event has passed.
EBC Site Remediation & Redevelopment Program: Subslab Mitigation Systems for Vapor Intrusion
October 11, 2011 @ 7:30 am - 12:00 pm
Over the past decade, vapor intrusion has become widely recognized as a potential pathway of human exposure. This has led regulatory agencies to draft guidance to assess and mitigate the vapor intrusion pathway and, in certain cases, reopen sites that were first investigated more than twenty years ago. This program, which brings speakers with various background and expertise will explore the technical and regulatory aspects of vapor intrusion and subslab mitigation systems.
Program Co -Chairs:
Laurent C. Levy, Ph.D., P.E., Senior Project Manager, Gradient
Frank Ricciardi, P.E., Senior Associate, Weston & Sampson
8:15 a.m. Vapor Intrusion Issues – Key Concepts – Focus on Mitigation
8:30 a.m. Data Collection Techniques for Vapor Intrusion Assessment and/or Subslab Mitigation Performance Monitoring
- Passive Sampling and Other Monitoring Techniques – Todd Creamer, Geosyntec
- Analytical Methods for Air and Vapor Sampling – Andy Rezendes, Alpha Analytical Labs
9:00 a.m. Sub Slab Systems
- Evaluating Data and Designing Subslab Ventilation Systems – Don Maggioli, Alares
- Directional Drilling to Enhance Vapor Intrusion Mitigation – Garry Van Heest, Directional Technologies
- Using Vapor Intrusion Subslab Barriers – Rob Carvahlo and Amanda Petrocelli, EAI, Inc.
10:00 a.m. Networking Break
10:30 a.m. Regulatory and Legal Issues Pertaining to Vapor Intrusion Mitigation
- Gerard Martin, Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
- William Seuch, Goulston & Storrs
11:00 a.m. Facility Management Perspective
- Kelly McQueeney, Harvard University
11:15 a.m. Panel Discussion
12:00 a.m. Adjourn