This engaging EBC Site Remediation and Redevelopment Committee program will focus on the management and communication of risk associated with contaminants and waste sites. The program will provide useful tools for addressing real and perceived environmental risks. Presentations will include real-life examples and scenarios where risk communication played an important role in the success or failure of a project.
Presentations are posted to the Presentations section of the EBC website.
- Michelle N. O’Brien, Partner, Pierce Atwood LLP
- Jonathan Schaefer, Associate, Robinson & Cole LLP
Risk, Risk Perception, and Risk Communication – What Do We Know?
- Wendy Heiger-Bernays, PhD, Clinical Professor of Environmental Health, Boston University School of Public Health
Facts versus Fear: The Consultant/Risk Assessor/LSP Perspective
- Lisa J. Campe, MPH, LSP, Senior Vice President, Woodard & Curran
Public Engagement Tools for Spanish-Speaking Communities
- Raimundo J. Matos, PhD, LSP, Section Manager, AECOM
Legal Considerations in Risk Communication
- Earl W. Phillips, Jr., Esquire, Partner, Robinson & Cole LLP
Following the Speaker Presentations will be a moderated discussion by Jonathan Schaefer of Robinson & Cole LLP.
David Austin, AECOM, Project Manager
Allie Bailey, Roux Associates, Staff Engineer
Malwina Burzec, Boston University, Energy & Environmental Lawyer
Jerome Edwards, CAMERON-COLE, LLC
Thomas Fiore, Thomas G. Fiore, Attorney at Law
Max Forsythe, National Response Corporation (NRC), Business Development Manager
Katrina Green, EnviroVantage, CIO
Matthew Heil, Sanborn Head & Associates, Project Director & Associate
Ron Marnicio, Tetra Tech, Inc., Project Manager
Ron Myrick, Tetra Tech, Inc., Director
Michael Neville, Green Insurance Exchange, LLC, Principal & Founder
Peter Russell, Sullivan Group, Principal
Karl Touet, Twin Elms, Principal
Andrew Vitvitsky, MIT Climate CoLab, Research Associate