This EBC Site Remediation and Redevelopment program will focus on MassDEP’s recent interest in reviewing and evaluating closed sites with trichloroethylene (TCE) contamination. Recent scientific studies reviewed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency now indicate that even short-term exposure to low levels of TCE might result in health effects under certain conditions. This information has caused MassDEP to re-evaluate and tighten the environmental standard for TCE. Presentations and discussion topics will include:
- Case study of a re-evaluated TCE site
- Re-openers under the MCP
- MassDEP’s perspective on residual TCE at sites
- Vapor intrusion and indoor air
- Edward P. Van Doren, PE, LSP, Principal Environmental Engineer, CDM Smith
- Todd Creamer, Principal Geologist, Geosyntec Consultants
- Julianna Connolly, Senior Principal, Geosyntec Consultants
- Paul Locke, Assistant Commissioner, Department of Environmental Protection, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Elizabeth F. Mason, Partner, McLane Middleton
- Edward Van Doren, Environmental Engineer, CDM Smith
Following the Speaker Presentations will be a Panel Discussion moderated by Jonathan Kitchen of Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc.
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this meeting (2.0 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.