- This event has passed.
EBC Seminar – Soil Vapor Intrusion: Impacts on Indoor Air Quality and Property Transactions
May 22, 2007 @ 7:30 am - 12:00 pm
Soil vapor intrusion (VI), the process by which volatile chemicals migrate from a subsurface source into the indoor air of buildings, can cause significant human exposure. This EBC seminar will provide an understanding of the various issues that a remediation contractor or developer should be aware of. Is there a risk of vapors migrating from contaminated soil or groundwater into a building? Expert speakers will discuss topics that include:
- Understanding Vapor Intrusion
- Proper Sampling and Analysis – Insuring Data Reliability
- When to Take Action – Verifying the Presence of Vapor Intrusion
- Successful Mitigation Alternatives
- Determining Remediation Levels – Protecting Building Occupants
- State and Federal Regulatory Perspective
- Case Studies (Including Legal Risks)
Detailed Agenda (PDF)
Registration Fees for this EBC Event:
EBC Members: $110.00*
* After May 18, 2007, 5:00 p.m., and at the door, add $40.00.
Please note: No-shows will be charged, and cancellations must be received 2 days in advance.