- This event has passed.
EBC Seminar Series on Running Your Business Successfully: Financial Profitability: Forecasting Environmental Industry Trends with Paul Zofnass
November 6, 2006 @ 5:00 pm - October 18, 2021 @ 1:35 pm
You are invited to the first of three upcoming seminars that are part of the EBC Seminar Series on Running Your Business Successfully. Many owners and leaders of professional services firms have strong technical skills. Yet as business people there is certainly a lot to learn. In this three-part series we look at some of the basics for running your business successfully.
These seminars have been especially developed for owners, principals and executives of environmental and design companies. They are also open to upcoming leaders who want to learn more about the business. The series is moderated by Liz Levin, President of Liz Levin & Company, and includes:
- 1st Seminar: Forecasting Environmental Industry Trends
- 2nd Seminar: Maximizing Board Effectiveness
- 3rd Seminar: Managing Growth
First Seminar: Forecasting Environmental Industry Trends
Visiting from New York, Paul Zofnass will present his observations about the key industry trends and outlook for the environmental engineering and consulting (e/c) industry, based upon the data that EFCG just received from their annual survey of the 200 largest environmental e/c firms. The survey includes data on financial performance for 2006 and outlook for 2007. It identifies specific sectors of strength and weakness, as well as the key concerns that the leading CEOs in this industry currently have, and the opportunities that they anticipate for the next few years. Paul Zofnass will also discuss the very heated values that exist in the environmental industry today, the merger and acquisition activity, and valuation parameters in which these transactions are taking place, as well as how these trends are affecting internal ownership transitions within firms.
Mary Ryan, Partner
Nutter McClennen & Fish
Liz Levin, President
Liz Levin & Company
Paul Zofnass, President EFCG
EFCG The Environmental Financial Consulting Group, Inc.
Wine, beer, and hors d’oeuvres will be provided.
Registration and cocktails: 4:00 p.m.
Program: 4:30 – 5:30 p.m.
Discussion and Networking: 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Paul Zofnass, President EFCG
Paul Zofnass founded the firm EFCG in 1990 to provide financial advice initially to environmental engineering and consulting firms (hence its full name, “The Environmental Financial Consulting Group”), which has now been expanded to engineering and consulting firms in general. EFCG’s services include the following:
- EFCG CEO Conference: EFCG is probably best known for its annual CEO Conference, now in its 17th year, which brings together roughly 200 CEO’s of almost all the major e/c firms in the US, as well as many from abroad, and many of the midsize firms. It provides a tremendous amount of information on the industry and the industry trends.
- Retainer Clients: EFCG’s core business consists of providing ongoing financial and business advice to EFCG’s roughly 35 “retainer” clients, representing a significant number of the major e/c firms.
- Annual Valuations: EFCG also performs the annual valuations (primarily used for internal stock transfer purposes) for roughly 20 firms.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: EFCG is actively involved with assisting firms in merger and acquisition activities, serving as advisor to both buy side and sell side clients, and has been involved as advisor in over 50 successfully completed M&A transactions in this industry.
- Ownership, Compensation and Capitalization Plans (OCCP’s): EFCG also assists firms to structure internal ownership transition plans to help meet the combined needs of adequacy of capitalization, financial incentivization, and ownership transition.