- This event has passed.
EBC Seminar: Corporate Environmental Stewardship: Best Practices
May 7, 2009 @ 7:30 am - 12:00 pm
Environmental stewardship, sustainability, and corporate social responsibility have become topics of steadily increasing interest, despite the economic downturn. A number of forward-thinking companies in New England are advancing initiatives to understand the impacts that their operations have on society, to improve their business practices, and to involve their employees, suppliers, customers and communities in defining ways to achieve more sustainable and environmentally-friendly operations. This is becoming ever more important in a carbon-constrained and water resource-limited world.
The program includes a Keynote Address and interactive Panels with speakers from leading companies?in addition to local leaders and experts who will describe their experiences working collaborating with such companies.
- Joseph Curtatone, Mayor, City of Somerville, Massachusetts
- John Galvin, Chief Financial Officer, Collette Vacations
- Harriet Henges, Vice President Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability, Stop & Shop Supermarkets ? Ahold USA
- Carolyn Kaplan, Chief Sustainability Officer, Nixon Peabody LLP
- Raj Sisodia, Professor of Marketing, Bentley College
Registration and Networking: 7:30am – 8:30 am