As Rhode Island deals with the issues of limited landfill capacity to service the solid waste management need of the state, planning and strategic decisions have to be made that will provide solid waste solutions for municipalities and business in the future.
This EBC RI Chapter program will bring together key decision-makers to discuss current and future issues regarding the management of solid waste in Rhode Island. Discussion topics will include Central Landfill operations, waste-to-energy, recycling, product stewardship, climate change and the impact of the economy.
- Michael O’Connell, Executive Director
Rhode Island Resource Recovery Corporation
- Terry Gray, Assistant Director, Air, Waste and Compliance
Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management
- Steven Changaris, Regional Director
National Solid Wastes Management Association
- Steve Diaz, Vice President, New England Region
- Daniel Beardsley, Jr., Executive Director
Rhode Island League of Cities and Towns
- Dana Zewinski, Manager of Operation and Environmental Compliance
J. R. Vinagro, Corporation