Ocean renewable energy is accelerating both in interest and in technology development and applications. Coastal New England offers sites for potentially successful projects. This EBC program will provide an update on the research and business of renewable ocean power in New England, including tidal, wave and wind energy systems. Representatives from state agencies and institutions will provide a general perspective and examples of potential and in-water activities will be presented. This program is designed to dovetail with the upcoming Marine Renewable Energy Center conference on October 6th in Fall River, MA (www.mrec.umassd.edu) which has a national and international focus.
- John Miller, Director, Marine Renewable Energy Center
- Grover Fugate, RI Coastal Resources Management Council
- Greg Watson, Assistant Secretary for Renewable Energy, Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (Invited)
- Malcolm Spaulding, Ocean Engineering, University of Rhode Island
- Bill Stably, CEO, Resolute Marine Energy
- Chris Sauer, CEO, Ocean Renewable Power