EBC Rhode Island Program: The State of Stormwater in Rhode Island – Water Quality, Stormwater Permits & Sea Level Rise
Please note: this program has reached capacity and registration has closed. Walk-in registrations will not be accepted at the door.
Water quality, sea level rise, coastal resilience, forth coming stormwater regulations, and stormwater compliance – these are all critical environmental issues in Rhode Island that are connected to stormwater management. This EBC Rhode Island program will provide attendees with an update on the status of stormwater in RI, including the RI Industrial Stormwater Multi Sector General Permit (MSGP), sea level rise, a new resiliency tool – StormTools, water quality in Narraganset Bay, and new initiatives from RIDOT. In addition, this EBC program will provide the opportunity to hear from the original permit writers and regulatory officials on the proposed new stormwater requirements and what new tools are available to help municipalities evaluate and implement climate change and resiliency efforts.
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- Cynthia Baumann, Program Chair; Principal, CDM Smith
- Eilish Corey, Program Moderator; Environmental Engineer, CDM Smith
- Margarita Chatterton, Senior Sanitary Engineer, Office of Water Resources – RIPDES Permitting Program, Rhode Island DEM
- Janet Freedman, Coastal Geologist, RI Coastal Resources Management Council
- Eliza Moore, Senior Environmental Scientist, Narraganset Bay Commission
- Alisa Richardson, MS, PE, PMP, Stormwater Project Manager, Office of Stormwater Management, Rhode Island DOT
- Newton Tedder, Water Permits Branch, Office of Ecosystem Protection, U.S. EPA Region 1
Following the Speaker Presentations will be a Moderated Discussion.
Registration, Continental Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Program: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
|If registration occurs ——–>||Through June 3||After June 3|
For EBC Members only – register five attendees for the price of four!
Discount will automatically be applied during online registration.
Cancellations must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, June 3 for a refund. No-shows will be charged.
Registration for this program has reached capacity and has closed. Walk-in registration will not be accepted at the door.
EBC Members Only – Ascending Professional Rate: $25
Attendees who have worked in the environmental/energy sector for less than 10 years.
Job Seeker Rate: $25
For attendees currently seeking employment, not for those currently self-employed.