This EBC Rhode Island Emerging Contaminants webinar will provide an overview and update of PFAS activities in Rhode Island. Specifically, we’ll provide a brief overview of the current state of understanding of PFAS contaminants, present a case study of the Burrillville PFAS release and remedial efforts, and then discuss ongoing PFAS regulatory activities in Rhode Island.
A robust panel discussion with the audience will conclude the program.
Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (2.5 training contact hours). Please send an email to EBC staff (firstname.lastname@example.org) following the conclusion of the program to receive a certificate.
To view the available PowerPoint presentations please visit the Presentations section of the EBC website.
- Steve LaRosa, Senior Project Manager, Weston & Sampson
- Edward Summerly, Principal / District Office Manager, GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.
PFAS: What Are They and Why Should We Care?
- Karen Kinsella, Senior Technical Specialist, GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.
Burrillville Release – What Happened, What’s Been Done and What’s Next
- Steve LaRosa, Technical Leader, Weston & Sampson
- Rick Mandile, Principal, Sage Environmental
- Nick Noons, Environmental Engineer, Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management
Regulatory Status Update – Where Do We Stand Now and What’s Coming
- Mark Dennen, Supervising Environmental Scientist, Office of Land Revitalization and Sustainable Materials Management, Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management
- Amy Parmenter, Interim Chief, Supervising Environmental Scientist, Center for Drinking Water Quality, Environmental Health Division, Rhode Island Department of Health
Analytical Methods Update
- Jim Occhialini, Vice President, Alpha Analytical
- Mark Dennen, Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management
- Terry Gray, Deputy Director, Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management
- Karen Kinsella, GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.
- Rick Mandile, Sage Environmental
- Nick Noons, Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management
- Jim Occhialini, Alpha Analytical
- Amy Parmenter, Rhode Island Department of Health
Jamie Barberi GZA PM
Brent Beauchene SAGE Environmental, Inc. Finance Assistance
Kendra Beaver Save The Bay Staff Attorney
Jim Belcastro US Ecology Senior Account Executive
Erik Beloff GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. Sr. Admin Assistant
James Birk Heritage Interactive Services Program Manager
Steven Borowick The Washington Trust Company Risk Management Officer, Environmental Due Dilligence
JR Brooks Heritage Interactive Project Manager
Beth Cabral Kenyon Industries EHS Coordinator
Patrick Corcoran ATC Group Services LLC Senior Project Manager
Christine Dieter Hinckley Allen & Snyder LLP Attorney
Patrick Dowling Fuss & O’Neill, Inc. Administrative Assistant
Jen Gaffney TWIN ELMS LLC Principal
Jim Georgantas Con-Test Analytical Laboratory Account Executive
Daniel Gorman Whitestone Associates, Inc. Senior Project Manager
Jelena Grbic Tetra Tech Environmental Scientist
Jeff Hershberger ESS Group, Inc. Senior Accountant
Emily Jenkins Globalcycle, Inc. Account Manager
Michael Kirkwood Pascoag Utility District General Manager
Steve Knollmeyer Alpha Analytical VP Technical Sales
Robert Little Woodard & Curran Vice President
Robin Main Hinckley Allen Partner
Mykel Mendes BETA Group, Inc. Environmental Engineer
Amy Moses Conservation Law Foundation Vice President and RI Director
Jaana Pietari Ramboll Senior Managing Consultant
Hilary Robinson RPS Group Senior Scientist
Craig Roy State of RI Principal Environmental Scientist
Kristine Saffrin PerkinElmer Marketing Manager
Alan Shoer Adler Pollock & Sheehan partner
Daniel Warren TRC Senior Project Manager
Nick Wildman MA Div. of ecological Restoration Dam Removal Lead