- This event has passed.
EBC Rhode Island Chapter Seminar: Wind Energy in Rhode Island: An Update
November 30, 2007 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
This EBC Rhode Island Chapter program will provide an update on the status of wind energy developments in Rhode Island. The program will include the following speakers:
- Andrew Dzykewicz, Commissioner of the Office of Energy Resources, will talk about the case for wind power in Rhode Island and offer an update on recent developments in wind energy within the state.
- Daniel Mendelsohn of Applied Technology & Management will offer an overview of the RIWINDS Phase I Siting Study and its conclusions about the viability of wind power in Rhode Island.
- Dr. Malcolm Spaulding from the University of Rhode Island and Applied Science Associates will talk about the important role of science and engineering in the future development of wind power in the state.
- Charlie Natale, Jr., President and CEO of ESS Group, Inc. will talk to the group about the practical hurdles of permitting wind projects in the area.
- Richard Talipsky, Chair of the Town of Portsmouth Economic Development Committee’s Sustainable Energy Subcommittee, will highlight the Town’s recent efforts and successes in developing small scale wind at the local level.
7:30 A.M. Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:00 A.M. – 11:00 A.M.