EBC Rhode Island Chapter Program and The Providence Foundation: Window on Providence – Forward Thinking Development
Join the EBC Rhode Island Chapter and The Providence Foundation for a special program focused on the next phase of the evolution/development of the City of Providence. Hear about economic opportunities in from Jorge O. Elorza, Mayor of the City of Providence. The program will discuss several key factors that support stronger economic development including: planning by the I-195 Redevelopment District Commission, the City’s program to address sea level rise, Brownfields issues that impact the redevelopment of urban properties, the benefits of tax credits and types of insurance that can help underwrite challenging environmental issues.
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- Robert Atwood, Vice President and Senior Engineer, Environmental Strategies & Management, Inc.
- Mayor Jorge O. Elorza, City of Providence
- Leah Bamberger, Director of Sustainability, City of Providence
- Terry Gray, Assistant Director for Air, Waste & Compliance, Department of Environmental Management, State of Rhode Island
- Colin Kane, Principal, The Peregrine Group, LLC
- Warren Kirshenbaum, President, Cherrytree Group
- Peter McNally, Executive Director, I-195 Redevelopment District
- Karl Touet, Principal, Twin Elms Environmental Insurance Agency