- This event has passed.
EBC Rhode Island Chapter Program: Update on Solid Waste Management in Rhode Island
March 25, 2014 @ 7:30 am - 12:00 pm
As Rhode Island deals with the issues of limited landfill capacity to service the solid waste management needs of the state, planning and strategic decisions have to be made that will address the future solid waste needs of Rhode Island’s municipalities, businesses and individuals. This EBC Rhode Island Chapter program will bring together key decision-makers to discuss current and future issues regarding the management of solid waste in Rhode Island. Discussion topics will include an overview of the updated Comprehensive Solid Waste Management Plan. The panel will then discuss options and solutions for reducing and handling solid waste in 2014 and beyond, including recycling, composting and food waste, product stewardship and extended producer responsibility and other issues related to the long term management of solid waste in Rhode Island and the region.
Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
Program Chair and Moderator
Partner, Adler Pollock & Sheehan, P.C.
- Michael J. O’Connell, Excecutive Director, Rhode Island Resource Recovery Corporation
- Sarah Kite, Director of Recycling Services, Rhode Island Resource Recovery Corporation
- Anthony M. Callendrello, Chief Operating Officer, NEO Energy
- Leo Pollock, Principal, The Compost Plant
- Nat Harris, Principal, The Compost Plant
- Steven Changaris, Northeast Regional Manager, National Solid Waste Management Association
- Jamie Rhodes, RI Director, Clean Water Action
- Gabriela Dobort, Project Manager, Environmental Packaging International