View the Attendee List
Rhode Island is challenged with the issue of limited resources to manage the Rhode Island Resource Recovery Corporation (RIRRC) and with the issue of shrinking landfill capacity to service the future solid waste management needs of the state. Planning and strategic decisions have to be made that will address the future solid waste management needs of Rhode Island’s municipalities and businesses.
This EBC Rhode Island Chapter solid waste program will bring together key decision-makers to discuss current and future issues regarding the management and minimization of solid waste in Rhode Island. Discussion topics include an overview of the RI Comprehensive Solid Waste Management Plan, local and regional disposal capacities, and future challenges for the RIRRC.
Following the presentations there will be a moderated panel discussion with the speakers and the registered attendees to discuss critical solid waste management issues facing the State of Rhode Island.
FACILITY TOUR: Following the program attendees have the option to attend a tour of the RIRRC facility.
Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- Edward Summerly, Principal, GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.
- Brian Card, Director of Operations & Engineering, Rhode Island Resource Recovery Corporation
- Catherine Conley, Microbiologist, Auspark, LLC
- Mark Dennen, Supervising Environmental Scientist, Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management
- Michael McGonagle, Director of Information Systems and Business Analysis, Rhode Island Resource Recovery Corporation
- Jamie Rhodes, Program Director, Upstream Policy Institute
Final Agenda – Rhode Island Chapter Program: Update on Solid Waste Management in Rhode Island