The state of RI waters, sea level rise, coastal resilience, fore coming MS4 regulations, stormwater compliance, and stormwater utilities – these are all issues that currently face Rhode Islanders that are connected to stormwater. This EBC Rhode Island Chapter program will provide attendees with an update on the status of stormwater in RI including the RI Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permit from the U.S. EPA Region 1 and the State of RI perspective. The new MS4 permit is likely to significantly change stormwater management controls in RI and municipalities are considering stormwater utilities to provide the needed funding source to address the issues. Regional stormwater initiatives will be discussed that provide new and exciting ways that communities can cost-effectively address these new stormwater mandates. This EBC program will provide the opportunity to hear from the original permit writers and regulatory officials on the proposed new requirements and what creative approaches municipalities are considering to fund stormwater management.
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- Robert Otoski, Senior Project Manager, CDM Smith
- Igor Runge, Project Manager, GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.
- Pamela Reitsma, Environmental Scientist, Narragansett Bay Commission
- Christine Comeau, Environmental Scientist, Narragansett Bay Commission
- Eric Beck, Supervising Engineer, RIDEM Office of Water Resources
- Elizabeth Scott, Deputy Chief, RIDEM Office of Water Resources
- Cindy Baumann, Principal, CDM Smith
- Janet Freedman, Coastal Geologist, CRMC
Visit the Presentations section of the EBC website to view the available presentations from this program.