- This event has passed.
EBC Renewable Energy Program: The Promise of Smart Grid – Integrating Renewables
June 21, 2013 @ 7:30 am - 12:00 pm
Smart Grid has become a popular phrase within the energy industry, in large part due to its potential to enable high renewables penetration while maintaining grid reliability. The term smart grid is used for a number of very different technologies ranging from smart meters to distribution automation to innovations on the transmission grid. Over the last few years, a number of utilities have implemented smart grid pilot projects while companies have sprung up offering products for both distribution companies and customers. This EBC program will cover the different categories of smart grid technology, their functions and benefits, and how they impact renewable energy integration. There will also be a look at the status of smart grid implementation in the US and discussion of how it can move forward.
Project Manager, Sustainable Energy Advantage
Partner, Brown Rudnick LLP
- Nathan Buch, Senior Consultant, Navigant Consulting
- Ben Davis, Director of Electric Power Division, Mass DPU
- Richard Gross, Principal, Richard C. Gross, P.E., Inc.
- Daniel Handal, Senior Consultant, Navigant Consulting
- John Kelly, Perfect Power Institute
- Alex Kragie, Special Assistant to Commissioner Esty, CT DEEP
- Camilo Serna, VP Corporate Strategy, Northeast Utilities
- Forrest Small, VP of Grid Optimization Strategy, Bridge Energy Group
- John Tourtelotte, Founder and Managing Director, Rivermoor Energy
- Henry Yoshimura, Director, Demand Response Resource Strategy, ISONE
The electricity for this EBC event has been matched with 100% local wind power through New England Wind, a program of Mass Energy Consumers Alliance. You can green your electricity too! Visit www.massenergy.org.