- This event has passed.
EBC Renewable Energy Program: Energy Storage Systems – Solutions for Renewable Energy Integration
January 25, 2013 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
The need for energy storage to enable large-scale renewables integration is widely recognized, but what does it really mean, and what is the status of the energy storage industry? Few storage projects have been realized outside of government-funded pilot programs, and energy storage faces unique challenges in a power system not originally designed for distributed generation or intermittent resources. Though it is a solution for many grid reliability needs, the business case has not emerged to support a robust energy storage industry. This EBC event will explain the connection between storage and renewables, give an in-depth look at the policy and commercial landscape of the storage industry, discuss what needs to happen to grow the storage industry, and put all of this into perspective regarding grid modernization and future renewables development.
Principal Analyst, Sustainable Energy Advantage
- David Cash, Commissioner, Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities
- Andrew O. Kaplan, Partner, Brown Rudnick LLP
- Kristin Brief, Director of Corporate Development, Ambri
- Judith Judson McQueeney, Director, Emerging Technologies U.S., Customized Energy Solutions
- Mike Jacobs, Director, Energy Market Policy, Union of Concerned Scientists
- Richard Baxter, President, Mustang Prairie LLC
- Melissa Chan, Managing Consultant, Navigant Consulting
- David Feliciano, Senior Consultant, Navigant Consulting
- Sean Becker, President, Sparkplug Power
- Clayton Burns, Principal Engineer, National Grid
- Daniel Hullah, Partner, Rockport Capital
The electricity for this EBC event has been matched with 100% local wind power through New England Wind, a program of Mass Energy Consumers Alliance. You can green your electricity too! Visit www.massenergy.org.