- This event has passed.
EBC Renewable Energy Program: An Update on Offshore Wind Development in New England
June 27, 2013 @ 7:30 am - 12:00 pm
The Bureau of Ocean Energy Management has just announced the first federal auction for offshore wind leases will be off Massachusetts and Rhode Island on July 31. New Bedford port facilities will undergo a $100 million upgrade to support construction of Cape Wind. Floating wind turbines will be installed in Maine. Federal and state efforts to seed an offshore wind industry are now moving ahead rapidly, and new developments in state programs and the federal leasing process are shaping the fortunes of this emerging sector. The heightened activity on the regulatory front is clear; but what are the salient steps in the process and how are they benefiting the private sector? This EBC Renewable Energy Program will focus on bringing participants up to speed with federal and state leasing and permitting efforts and environmental concerns with an eye toward assessing the timeframe for business development opportunities for various industry sectors in New England.
Program Co-Host: New England Clean Energy Council (NECEC)
Director, Regulatory Affairs, Tetra Tech
Stephen B. Barrett
Director of Clean Energy, HMMH
- Jim Gordon, CEO, Cape Wind
- Walter Cruickshank, Deputy Director, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, U.S. Department of the Interior
- Bill White, Senior Director of Offshore Wind Sector Development, MassCEC
- Paul Williamson, Maine Ocean & Wind Industry Initiative
- Catherine Bowes, Senior Manager, New Energy Solutions, National Wildlife Federation
- Juliet Browne, Partner, Verrill Dana LLP
The electricity for this EBC event has been matched with 100% local wind power through New England Wind, a program of Mass Energy Consumers Alliance. You can green your electricity too! Visit www.massenergy.org.