Thank you to our Sponsors
Society of Women Environmental Professionals – Massachusetts Chapter
Solid Waste Association of North America – Southern New England Chapter
This EBC program is the second in an annual EBC program series of five meetings with the leadership teams of the four regional offices and the headquarters of the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP). These programs will provide EBC members, municipal officials, and other attendees from throughout Massachusetts with the opportunity to hear from the leadership of each of the four DEP regional offices, and Boston Headquarters.
This second program will feature the leadership of the Southeast Regional Office and focus on important issues and priorities for Southeastern Massachusetts.
FIVE MOST CRITICAL ISSUES
Plan to attend and learn first-hand about the five most critical environmental issues for the state, the Southeastern Region, and each regional bureau manager for FY 2019 and beyond. With much of the DEP decision making taking place at the regional level, this Southeastern Region program will also provide an opportunity for attendees to hear from the leadership of the MassDEP Southeast Regional Office as they discuss their hot issues and ongoing challenges.
Following is the schedule and meeting locations for the EBC Program Series with MassDEP Leadership:
- September 25, 2018 – Central Region, Location: Bowditch & Dewey, Worcester
- October 2, 2018 – Southeast Region, Location: Brown & Caldwell, Taunton
- October 24, 2018 – Northeast Region, Location: McLane Middleton, Woburn
- November 8, 2018 – Western Region, Location: Tighe & Bond, Westfield
- January 8, 2019 – Boston Headquarters, Location: CDM Smith, Boston
Final Agenda – EBC Program Series with MassDEP Leadership – Southeast Region Leadership Program
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (2.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
Introduction for Deputy Commissioner Moran
- John F. Shea, Shareholder, Mackie Shea P.C.
Keynote Address: Review of MassDEP Programs and Priorities
- Gary Moran, Deputy Commissioner, MassDEP
Update from the MassDEP Southeast Region Leadership Team
- Millie Garcia-Serrano, Director, Southeast Region
- Maria Pinaud, Deputy Regional Director, Bureau of Air and Waste
- Gerard Martin, Deputy Regional Director, Bureau of Waste Site Cleanup
- David Johnston, Deputy Regional Director, Bureau of Water Resources
- Jennifer Viveiros, Deputy Regional Director, Bureau of Administrative Services
Following the speaker presentations will be a panel discussion moderated by Marilyn Wade of Brown and Caldwell.
Registration, Continental Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Program: 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Navpreet Brolowski Wilcox and Barton, Inc. Senior Engineer
Sam Butcher Loureiro Engineering VP
Samuel Chapin Brown and Caldwell Managing Engineer
WILLIAM FITZGERALD Town of Avon DPW Director
Joseph Freeman BETA Group, Inc.
Dave Galvin Cyn Environmental Services Account Manager
Jim Georgantas Con-Test Laboratory Account Manager
Julie Kotowski Brown & Caldwell Senior Engineer
Mike Lenihan UCANE Consultant
Dot McGlincy MA Association of Conservation Commissions Executive Director
amy roth Wilcox & Barton, Inc. Associate Vice President
Joseph Salvetti Stantec Senior Associate
Michael Scipione Weston & Sampson President
Katie Scott Brown and Caldwell
David Young CDM Smith Vice President