- This event has passed.
EBC Program Series with MassDEP Leadership Commissioner Suuberg and the Western Region Leadership Team
November 8, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
This program is the fourth in an EBC program series of five meetings to be held in conjunction with the four regional offices and the headquarters of the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (DEP). These meetings will provide EBC members and future members from throughout Massachusetts with the opportunity to hear from the Commissioner of the DEP and from the leadership of each of the four regional offices as well as the leadership at the DEP headquarters in Boston. Plan to attend and hear from Marty Suuberg, Commissioner of MassDEP, and learn first hand about his top environmental priorities for the department and the new administration in 2017 and beyond. With much of the DEP decision making taking place at the regional level, this program will also provide an opportunity to showcase the leadership of each of the four DEP regional offices.
This fourth meeting will feature the leadership of the Western Region and focus on the important issues and priorities of western Massachusetts.
Following is the schedule and meeting locations for the EBC Program Series with MassDEP Leadership:
- September 8, 2017 – Central Region, Location: Hilton Garden Inn, Worcester
- October 3, 2017 – Southeast Region, Location: Brown & Caldwell, Taunton
- October 25, 2017 – Northeast Region, Location: McLane Middleton, Woburn
- November 8, 2017 – Western Region, Location: Tighe & Bond, Westfield
- January 9, 2018 – Boston Headquarters, Location: CDM Smith, Boston
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (2.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
Keynote Address: Review of MassDEP Priorities:
- Martin Suuberg, Commissioner, Department of Environmental Protection, Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Francis J. Hoey, Senior Vice President, Tighe & Bond
Update from the MassDEP Western Region Leadership Team:
- Michael Gorski, Regional Director
- Brian Harrington, Deputy Regional Director, Bureau of Water Resources
- Steve Ellis, Deputy Regional Director, Bureau of Air and Waste
- Eva Tor, P.E., Deputy Regional Director, Bureau of Waste Site Cleanup
Registration, Continental Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Program: 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
If registration occurs ——–>,Before November 6,After November 6
For EBC Members only – register five attendees for the price of four!
Discount will automatically be applied during online registration.
Cancellations must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, November 6 for a refund. No-shows will be charged. Please keep in mind that online registration for this program will close at 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 7. Walk-in registration is accepted at the door.
EBC Members Only – Ascending Professional Rate: $25
Attendees who have worked in the environmental/energy sector for less than 10 years.
Job Seeker Rate: $25
For attendees currently seeking employment, not for those currently self-employed.