- This event has passed.
EBC Program Series with MassDEP Leadership: Commissioner Suuberg and the Southeast Region Leadership Team
October 3, 2017 @ 7:30 am - 11:00 am
Thank you to our Sponsor:
This program is the second in an EBC program series of five meetings to be held in conjunction with the four regional offices and the headquarters of the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (DEP). These meetings will provide EBC members and future members from throughout Massachusetts with the opportunity to hear from the Commissioner of the DEP and from the leadership of each of the four regional offices as well as the leadership at the DEP headquarters in Boston. Plan to attend and hear from Marty Suuberg, Commissioner of MassDEP, and learn firsthand about his top environmental priorities for the department and the new administration in 2018 and beyond. With much of the DEP decision making taking place at the regional level, this program will also provide an opportunity to showcase the leadership of each of the four DEP regional offices.
This second meeting will feature the leadership of the Southeast Region and focus on the important issues and priorities of Southeast Massachusetts.
Following is the schedule and meeting locations for the EBC Program Series with MassDEP Leadership:
- September 8, 2017 – Central Region, Location: Hilton Garden Inn, Worcester
- October 3, 2017 – Southeast Region, Location: Brown & Caldwell, Taunton
- October 25, 2017 – Northeast Region, Location: McLane Middleton, Woburn
- November 8, 2017 – Western Region, Location: Tighe & Bond, Westfield
- January 9, 2018 – Boston Headquarters, Location: CDM Smith, Boston
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (2.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
Keynote Address: Review of MassDEP Priorities
- Martin Suuberg, Commissioner, Department of Environmental Protection, Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- John F. Shea, Shareholder, Mackie Shea PC
Update from the MassDEP Southeast Leadership Team:
- Millie Garcia-Serrano, MPH, Regional Director
- David Johnston, Deputy Regional Director, Bureau of Water Resources
- Gerard Martin, Deputy Regional Director, Bureau of Waste Site Cleanup
- Maria E. Pinaud, LSP, Deputy Regional Director, Bureau of Air and Waste
- Jennifer Viveiros, Deputy Regional Director, Bureau of Administrative Services