Please note that the EPA offices are located in a federal building, which means that security measures are in effect. Proper ID is required for entry. Please be prepared for time to go through metal detectors and show your laptops, phones, or any other electronic devices when entering the building.
With each passing year federal budgets shrink and federal agencies are tasked with doing more with less. For this EBC Ocean and Coastal Committee program, federal agencies that work in the ocean and coastal environment and retain the services of environmental professionals will present an update on their FY15 resources, assets, and planned RFPs/capital spending.
Beyond impacts of climate change, the participating Federal agencies will each provide an overview of their broad agency planning and priorities that will be needed over next 3-5 years in the area of climate change and other coastal and ocean technical areas. Each agency will provide insight into the:
- Skills and expertise that are likely to be needed in this arena;
- Trends in funding ocean and coastal work and likely agency priorities;
- Highlights and status of FY15 work; and
- Insights from FY16 budget requests.
Federal agencies participating in this EBC program include:
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers New England District
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- U.S. Coast Guard
- Margherita Pryor, U.S. EPA Region 1
- Payson R. Whitney, III, P.E., Vice President, Water & Coastal Engineering, ESS Group, Inc.