EBC Ocean and Coastal Resources Webinar: Protecting Coastal Resources and Structures, Part 1 – The Intersection of Nature, Science and Policy
The pressure to protect coastal properties from storm damage and erosion due to sea level rise and more intense and more frequent coastal storms is increasing. Property owners, from residential homeowners and municipalities to commercial developments and water-dependent industries, want to know what options are available to them and the efficacy of those options.
This EBC Ocean and Coastal Resources webinar will begin with a panel of state regulators discussing strategies for protecting coastal resources and structures that are compliant with their coastal regulatory programs. Speakers will discuss different options available based on various factors, such as the presence and condition of coastal resources, the nature of the property’s existing shoreline, and the use of the property. The panel will explore the appropriateness of options ranging from traditional coastal protection, including seawalls and revetments, to “soft” protective measures and living shorelines.
A robust panel discussion with the audience will conclude the webinar.
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (2.5 training contact hours). Certificates are automatically provided via email link for registered attendees at the conclusion of the webinar.
- John Casey, Partner, Robinson+Cole
- Stacy Minihane, Senior Associate, Beals + Thomas
- Kirsten Howard, Resilience Program Coordinator, Coastal Program. Watershed Management Bureau, Water Division, New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services
Massachusetts DEP Wetlands
- Lisa Rhodes, Chief, Wetlands Program, Division of Wetlands and Waterways, Bureau of Water Resources, MassDEP
- Nate Corcoran, Wetlands & Waterways Coastal Geologist, Southeast Regional Office, MassDEP
Massachusetts DEP Waterways
- Daniel Padien, Chief, Waterways Program, Division of Wetlands and Waterways, Bureau of Water Resources, MassDEP
Massachusetts Office of Coastal Zone Management
- Lisa Berry Engler, Director, Massachusetts Office of Coastal Zone Management
- Janet Freedman, Coastal Geologist, Rhode Island Coastal Resources Management Council
- Susan Jacobson, Supervising Environmental Analyst, Land and Water Resources, Regulatory – Southwest, Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection
- Peter Slovinsky, Marine Geologist, Maine Geological Survey, Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry
Webinar: 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
|If registration occurs ——–>||Through January 25||After January 25|
For EBC Members only – register five attendees for the price of four!
Discount will automatically be applied during online registration.
Please note that refunds are not available after January 27, 2020. No-shows will be charged. Please keep in mind that online registration for this webinar will close at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, January 27.
EBC Members Only – Ascending Professional Rate: $25
Attendees who have worked in the environmental/energy sector for less than 10 years.
Job Seeker Rate: $25
For attendees currently seeking employment, not for those currently self-employed.