This EBC Ocean and Coastal Resources Committee event will bring together staff and leadership from the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection’s Wetlands and Waterways Programs and the Massachusetts Office of Coastal Zone Management. Agency staff will provide an update on programs and initiatives for 2018 and beyond, including:
- Governor Baker’s Executive Order 569;
- Offshore energy projects;
- Emerging initiatives/trends related to permitting coastal resiliency projects; and,
- Municipal Harbor Planning and Designated Port Areas updates.
A panel discussion will follow the presentations to continue the discussion.
Presentations are posted to the Presentations section of the EBC website.
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this meeting (2.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- Erik Rexford, Project Planner, Epsilon Associates, Inc.
Climate Change State Policy Update
- Kathleen Theoharides, Assistant Secretary of Climate Change, Executive Office of Energy & Environmental Affairs, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Update from the Massachusetts Office of Coastal Zone Management
- Bruce Carlisle, Director, Massachusetts Office of Coastal Zone Management
Enhancing Resilience and Emergency Preparedness of Water Utilities through Improved Mapping
- Kristin Divris, Water Utility Resilience Program Coordinator, Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
MassDEP Developing Land Subject to Coastal Storm Flowage Regulations
- Lealdon Langley, Division Director, Division of Wetlands & Waterways, Water Resources Programs, Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
Panel Moderator: Erik Rexford, Epsilon Associates, Inc.
- Deirdre Buckley, MEPA Office
- Bruce Carlisle, CZM
- Kristin Divris, MassDEP
- Lealdon Langley, MassDEP
Registration, Continental Breakfast: 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Program: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
If registration occurs ——–>,Through May 22,After May 22
For EBC Members only – register five attendees for the price of four!
Discount will automatically be applied during online registration.
Cancellations must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 22 for a refund. No-shows will be charged. Please keep in mind that online registration for this program will close at 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 23. Walk-in registration is accepted at the door.
EBC Members Only – Ascending Professional Rate: $25
Attendees who have worked in the environmental/energy sector for less than 10 years.
Job Seeker Rate: $25
For attendees currently seeking employment, not for those currently self-employed.
Rudy Bentlage SumCo Eco-Contracting
Alex Carbone SumCo Eco-Contracting
Tom Carney Charter Contracting Company, LLC Business Development
wayne Cobleigh GZA VP Client Services
Daniel Gagne Beals and Thomas, Inc. Senior Civil Engineer
Karen Gilbert Epsilon Associates, Inc. Project Scientist
Jaime Harrison Rice Anchor QEA Managing Engineer
Jill Horwood Boston Harbor Now Director of Policy
Barbara Landau Noble, Wickersham & Heart LLP Counsel
Mark Mahoney Anchor QEA Senior Partner
Stacy Minihane Beals and Thomas, Inc. Senior Associate, Environmental Planner
Alicia Morandi RPS Group, Inc. Environmental Analyst
Dianne Phillips Holland & Knight LLP Partner
Becky Pratt SumCo Eco-Contracting
Brandon Raymond Geosyntec Consultants Coastal Engineer
Kalinda Roberts TRC Envrionmental Biologist
Jake Shactman SumCo Eco-Contracting
Frank Singleton Town of Weymouth Conservation commissioner
Peter Spawn TRC VP
Chad Sumner SumCo Eco-Contracting Principal
Jack Vaccaro Epsilon Associates, Inc. Senior Scientist